Comments and Reviews
Comments from delegates attending 5P Approach Training.....
- “An interesting, useful and practical approach”
- “Thank You very much for your enthusiasm and enjoyable teaching style”
- “Very interesting and adaptable”
- “A great learning experience”
- “Found the whole day extremely useful and relevant to my work and I feel more confident in working with schools and families”
- “A very interesting approach which I am very eager to implement”
- “It works with what we know and takes a problem solving collaborative approach”
- “Excellent training "
Reviews of Linda's first book, "Practical Behaviour Management Solutions for Children & Teens with Autism - the 5P Approach"
- "I read your book at Half Term and found it so clear, comprehensible and helpful - what a bible for folk like me!!" JS, SENCo
- "This book is a delight to read; it’s clear, practical and makes great theory-practice links. The emphasis on creating good foundations that reduce distress and maximize individual potential shows a real sensitivity and respect to the young people we work with. This is a fantastic tool for accomplishing consistency and promoting collaborative working. A must read for anyone working with young people diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorders." Claire W, Clinical Psychologist
- “The original contribution that Linda Miller makes is to construct a problem-solving framework that transforms these strategies into a coherent approach. For so many teachers who can feel de-skilled when working with children with ASD, this will bring a sense of purpose and direction into often challenging circumstances. Furthermore, it will provide a blueprint for whole-school approaches and for promoting a common home-school approach.” Eaton37- TES Connect (4* rating)
- “What sets this book apart from many is a central focus on the importance of the process rather than simply technique in addressing youngster’s needs... This book certainly has something to offer staff in ASD or other specialist settings.” Jon Airdrie, NASEN Special July 2010
- “This book will provide structured yet flexible guidance for all parents and professionals supporting a child or young person on the autism spectrum.” Autism Society Canada
- “Linda Miller's PRACTICAL BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS WITH AUTISM offers a review of the '5P Approach' to behavior management, discussing challenges to children and young people with autism and similar disorders. Working solutions to common issues are based on real-life problems and offer a framework for behaviour intervention founded on prevention and good practice, making this a fine survey for teachers and parents.” Midwest Book Review, Oregon, WI USA (5* rating
Reviews of Linda's second book, "Developing Flexibility Skills in Children & Teens with Autism - the 5P Approach to Thinking, Learning & Behaviour"
- This book provides a very useful extension of Linda Miller's 5P Approach to managing children and teenagers with ASD that helps develop flexibility, choice and self-advocacy in those for whom cognitive and emotional factors have rendered such skills a challenge.' —Trevor Sim, Principal Educational psychologist, London Borough of Havering
- 'An excellent book which will be of enormous benefit for those interested in understanding the impact of flexibility in children on children's learning, social behaviour and independence. Linda Miller builds on previous research and writes in a language which is accessible to both lay and professional people. As such, it is the first book on flexibility in its own right which combines theory, assessment tools and practical strategies. A must for parents/carers, teachers, professionals, schools and other organisations!'—Esther Fenty, educational psychologist
- 'It's great to have such an informative book about this complex area. The easy-to-use toolkit measures impact, outcomes and identifies next steps for developing flexibility. This is an area that can really impact on a child's learning. There has been a need for something like this for a long time. It really compliments the 5P Approach to Behaviour '—Sue Blows, Headteacher, Hatton School, UK
- 'Linda's second book builds upon the successful 5P approach for Behaviour Management and tackles the tricky area of developing flexibility which impacts individuals with Autism. The book is accessible, illuminates the issues and develops understanding of this critical area and provides a framework for practitioners and parents to baseline, plan intervention and track progress. This is an exciting and essential tool for those working to improve the lives of people with autism.'—Adrienne Wright, Head Teacher, Kestrel House School London
- 'A fresh, new insight into autism practice and a successful attempt to redefine the child-centred specialist approach through a step-by-step structured assessment of flexibility skills. This book will constitute an essential guide for professionals and entire organizations working with children with poor flexibility skills and which aim at creating the foundation for development of independence and successful learning.'—Andrea Centonze, Senior Assistant Psychologist, Kestrel House School